It’s about energy, focus and minimizing time wasters
Busy, busy, busy! There is literally 24 hours in a day and lots of things that need to be done and get done. As busy parents, our attention, focus and energy gets pulled into many directions. There is the kid’s homework, cooking dinner, the laundry, the dishes, the grocery trips, etc. The list can go on and on. Not to mention, your side or full-time business that needs your attention; executing your new marketing plan, building your social network online, creating a new e-mail series, making your next video, etc. For those who also have a 9 to 5 job, these income producing actions, are important, but working is also a necessity and requires a time commitment.
There is definitely a lot that can be achieved without stress, guilt or panic on a daily basis, but certain actions can be taken. Stop the overwhelm with maintaining or gaining energy by using these Top Time Savers:
Do you hardest or most unwanted tasks first
Use a timer
Prioritize your to do list
Work in 30 minute intervals and take 10 minute breaks in between work sessions
Establish or keep to your routines- put yourself on automatic drive
Know what is “Urgent” vs. “Things to do later”.
Take little actions to build momentum
Do one extra thing, especially when you feel like you have no more energy
Just do it, Stop Procrastination
Stop multi-tasking, give each project or task your undivided attention
Write down ideas, things to do, etc.
Turn off distractions, your cell phone, Facebook, email notifications, etc.
Reserve 10 minutes during the day, to do absolutely nothing, just sit and breath
Enlist an accountability partner or success coach to keep you on track
When these time savers are done, there is more focus on a task. There is no time loss figuring out the next steps that are needed to be done. When you are constantly taking action, there is no time for procrastination and you are doing the things that matter. More progress and profit is made because you are making the time for your business. Preparation + Execution= Progress/Profit
16. Set, be clear and visualize your goals
18. Listen to or read something positive
19. Know when things are “Good enough”
20. Move past panic, feel the fear, lean into it and break past it
21. Do Braindump or Brainstorming sessions
22. Limit tv watching or negative news broadcasts
23. Post or put up positive quotes around your work areas to remind you of your goals.
24. Know your “Why”.
25. Make and put up a goal or dream board
26. Journal and reflect daily
27. Take 3 deep breathes in and out frequently
These mental saver actions, help free your mind of the endless chatter and clatter in your mind. It helps your thinking stay in the present moment and not in the future of overwhelm. Especially when you surround yourself with positive reminders of pictures or quotes, you don’t get caught up in feeling stuck or unmotivated.
28. Keep things organized and know where everything is within 1 minutes reach
29. Keep hydrated, so drink lots of water
30. Eat Healthy- more fruits and vegetables
31. Lower sugar and caffeine intake
32. Get a good nights rest
33. Breath Deep and Breath it through
34. Keep yourself motivated internally and externally
35. Have good outlets for stress
36. Go outside, take a walk or just feel the sunshine
37. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day
Physical saver actions is about energy; creating it, keeping it, or reviving it. When you take care of yourself, you have higher energy and the alertness to do more. This is about making sure you prevent burnout and can give your maximum effort to your tasks or actions.
Family Savers-Take Care of Your Loved Ones
38. Plan and prepare for the week ahead of time
39. Do 1 grocery trip a week
40. Eat dinner together on a daily basis
41. Make 1 night, Family Night
42. Designate one rest day that you do no work on your business
43. Wake up at least 30 minutes before your children
44. Have a 15-30 minute conversation with your spouse everyday
45. Enlist your child(ren) to help with chores
46. Do 15 minute tidy up session with your family
47. Get ready for the morning the night before
48. Create a launchpad at your home, where all the items needed for school are ready to go
49. Engage in learning how to be a better spouse, parent, and/or friend
50. Play or Give Undivided Attention to your kids
When I am pulled in different directions and my focus is on other aspects of my life, especially our business, there are often feelings of guilt about neglecting what is most important to me, my family. So these family savers actions are ways to organize, so that you can create more time to spend with your loved ones. What matters the most here is not the amount of time that is spent but the undivided attention you are giving your family. It’s simply about connecting by talking and creating memories, even if it is at the dinner table.
So the Top 50 Actions that are presented in this article, are simple suggestions for busy entrepreneur parents, to utilize their time wisely without distraction. Also, the actions help parents focus and create the energy for all the tasks that need to get done on a daily basis, especially the those that create profits for your business. In essence, the 50 actions create balance, so that entrepreneur parents do not feel overwhelmed, guilty or live in constant panic. Focused energy will not only create profits for your business, but also benefit every other aspect of your life.